Consumer Healthcare Packaging Engineer
Who We Are
Network Partners is a decentralized professional services provider whose purpose focuses on the support functions necessary to enable medical device, pharmaceutical and biotechnology products to be marketed globally. Network Partners launched in 2015 by assembling top industry experts and has grown to over 250 team members in 2021. We were named to the INC. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for the past two years. We operate in our core competency areas of packaging engineering, regulatory affairs, labeling, quality, and project management. www.networkpartners.com
The world is suffering. Our clients are racing to get patients the products they need. Network Partners is assembling and deploying elite professionals to advance the industry, so people live healthier, more vibrant lives.
Do you want to take control of your career? Have you envisioned becoming part of an inspired professional team, where package engineering is celebrated?
At Network Partners we encourage career development, life-work balance, and knowledge sharing. As a member of the Network Partners’ team of inspired professionals, you will be supporting consumer healthcare packaging development and process qualification activities.
The packaging engineering role is on site in the greater Philadelphia area. Your role will utilize your packaging background and experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products to help our client meet their consumer healthcare products’ program objectives.
Join Network Partners today and support the Lifesciences industry helping to bring lifesaving products to market, while growing your career.
Network Partners’ is a business of inspired professionals who are driven, possess high emotional intelligence and a growth mindset for continuous learning and generosity of spirit. You will have growth opportunities supporting our clients, as well as our Network Partners packaging team. Joining Network Partners packaging, you will be supported by our knowledge bench™, our team of industry experts.
You will be an integral team member of our packaging engineering business and will collaborate closely with your client team in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Assist and support Tech Transfers to CMOs and within the client’s plants in PA.
- Develop and execute packaging protocols and write final test reports, including data analysis.
- Support and execute line trials of packaging components at manufacturing locations.
- Support and execute transit testing activities for the evaluation of consumer healthcare packaged products for overall performance and subsequent packaging system testing activities such as container closure integrity for primary packaging.
- Coordinate and manage outside testing activities with contract laboratories.
Your experience and technical competencies:
- Familiarity with packaging components and forms, typical for consumer healthcare packaging—- HDPE bottles and closures, folding cartons, blister packs, tubes and caps, labels, corrugated components, and corrugated shipping systems
- Working knowledge and application of industry standards, including testing methods—ASTM and ISTA and relevant ISO standards
- Working knowledge and understanding of packaging testing equipment, for example, transit testing equipment, universal test system for seal strength testing, leak testing equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Highly motivated with good collaboration skills
- Curious, with a continuous learner mindset and motivation to effectively problem solve
- Ability to adapt quickly and execute, especially when gaps are identified
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering
- One – three years in a packaging engineering role with a consumer healthcare products company, pharmaceutical company, or medical device company.
- Knowledge of packaging components and packaging systems from a design, development, and qualification perspective
- Experience operating within a quality management system for compliance activities.
- Packaging design and development experience is desirable