Due to tremendous growth, The FlexPro Group is looking for a strong R&D Project Manager to help continuously develop and enhance our portfolio of industry leading talent.
We are FlexPro! We are a niche project management consulting firm with a passion for getting quality products to patients safely and effectively.
Our Life Sciences clients include large global pharmaceutical giants as well as small biotechnology startups. They have entrusted us to bring their important projects to the finish line since 2008. We’ve been consistently ranked in the “Top Management Consulting Firms” list by the Philadelphia Business Journal year after year. We have received the “Corporate Culture Award” from Smart CEO, and have been recognized as “America’s Fastest Growing Private Company” by Inc. Magazine multiple times.
The Director of R&D Global Project Management is responsible for leading the successful operational delivery of large, complex global, cross-functional projects of strategic importance to the product portfolio. They will be responsible for managing R&D drug development projects throughout the R&D lifecycle. The successful candidate will partner with the Global Product Leader (GPL) and be responsible for providing critical inputs into the business planning process for the projects including, scheduling, estimating costs, identifying and mitigating risks as well as reports with the key performance indicators. He/she will apply project management rigor and discipline to support and advance the project strategy.
• Work closely with relevant Global Product Leader (GPL) to define strategy, operational tactics, and accountabilities for team members
• Establish a regular communication cadence with GPL and functional leads to establish robust working relationships
• Responsible for the preparation and management of budgets, sensitivities, resources, timelines, project scope and all other documentation of large complex projects or a portfolio of projects
• Responsible to drive the development and manage the execution of high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects
• Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness, and quality of project data and respective reports for senior stakeholders
• May Lead and/or Co-lead cross functional Development Teams (DTs) through tactical execution of project plans
• Guide teams through process innovation, optimization, and execution to achieve substantial acceleration and cost reduction on business-critical deliverables
• Drive similar contributions on other projects, either directly in a facilitative role or indirectly as a mentor and resource for more junior PM staff.
• Provide project management expertise and support for Manufacturing/commercial/licensing/partnering/intellectual property activities related to the projects or program
• Coordinate and develop program updates for key stakeholders and Sr. Management
• Model leadership behaviors
• Lead process improvement initiatives designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the R&D Global Project Management Department
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or a related field (REQUIRED)
- An advanced degree (MSc, PhD) in science or related field, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent (PREFERRED)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 10+ years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (or where relevant a biomedical research organization)
- 7+ years’ experience as a project manager leading cross-functional project teams in a matrixed, global environment, including those with complex technical, geographic, and/or regulatory elements
- In-depth knowledge in drug research, development, and manufacturing processes of (bio)pharmaceuticals (CMC, non-clinical, clinical, and regulatory)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large complex projects or multiple smaller complex projects to meet business objectives on time, within budget and with quality