We are a spirited, high-growth company focused on the success of our clients and our colleagues. We put a new spin on consulting that allows our team to work at or with some of the world’s largest and well-known medical device and pharmaceutical companies. It’s the best of both worlds!
Are you interested in working with a leading medical device manufacturer? Network Partners offers the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s top packaging engineer subject matter experts and help our clients take their packaging to the next level.
If you enjoy wildly competitive pay, a full and recently expanded benefits package and the opportunity to work with the best in the industry, then read on!
The Package Development Engineer (Remote) will be designing and developing the packaging systems for a wide range of sterile and non-sterile products. The role will support the development of packaging to support legacy products. This role will have the ability to work remotely with minimal travel requirements. The role will have responsibilities including the following:
- Planning and executing key engineering assignment(s) concerned with unique or controversial challenges having a major impact on company programs.
- Leading large scope, high business impact packaging project(s) related to innovative package development for use at affiliate or similar distribution centers.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to develop packaging system(s) that meet customer requirements.
- Leading, interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating design change elements in a highly matrixed supply chain environment.
- Determining and coordinating physical testing and/ or development of robust, technically sound rationale for innovative package solution to ensure product and package integrity for end-2-end supply chain (manufacturing through end users).
- Executing packaging projects in compliance with government and corporate guidelines.
- The position may have direct reports. Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- BS in engineering or technical field with 4-6 years of experience.
Preferred (but not required):
- Packaging Science or Engineering bachelor’s degree
- Experience in packaging development in Medical Device or a Regulated Industry.
- Experience in packaging design and/or validation
- Knowledge of sterile barrier packaging systems and design verification including ASTM or ISTA test methods.
- Knowledge of Package Assembly and Manufacturing processes.
- ISO 11607 knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 13485, ISO 15223.
- Understanding of sterilization modes used in medical devices.
- Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, or Process Excellence.
- Demonstrated results in Quality Control, Compliance, and Regulatory.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated results using internal and external customer focus.
- Experience with component suppliers and qualifications.
- CADD Experience
- This position could require up to 25% travel both domestic and international.