We are a spirited, high-growth company focused on the success of our clients and our colleagues. We put a new spin on consulting that allows our team to work at or with some of the world’s largest and well-known medical device and pharmaceutical companies. It’s the best of both worlds!
Are you interested in working with a leading medical device manufacturer? Network Partners offers the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s top packaging engineer subject matter experts and help our clients take their packaging to the next level.
If you enjoy wildly competitive pay, a full and recently expanded benefits package and the opportunity to work with the best in the industry, then read on!
The Package Development Engineering Contractor will be designing and developing the packaging systems for a wide range of sterile and non-sterile products. The role will support the development of packaging to support new product development teams as well as legacy products. The role will have responsibilities including the following:
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively plan and execute package development projects.
- Partner with New Product Development and Lifecycle Engineering teams to develop packaging systems that meet customer requirements.
- Lead and support changes to existing package designs.
- Innovate to create new packaging systems that improve performance, reduce cost, or improve the customer experience.
- Hands-on Package laboratory testing to simulate transportation distribution hazards.
- Develop and validate package development and transit test methods.
- Support package equipment validation actives.
- Write technical protocols and reports.
- Create package component drawings and specifications.
- On-board new packaging materials.
- Develop general packaging guidelines and standards for processes and functional requirements.
- The position will have no direct reports. Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- BS in engineering or technical field with 0-2 years of experience.
- Packaging Science or Engineering bachelor’s degree
- Experience in packaging development in Medical Device or a Regulated Industry.
- Experience in packaging design and/or validation
- Knowledge of sterile barrier packaging systems and design verification including ASTM or ISTA test methods.
- Knowledge of Package Assembly and Manufacturing processes.
- ISO 11607 knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 13485, ISO 15223.
- Understanding of sterilization modes used in medical devices.
- Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, or Process Excellence.
- Demonstrated results in Quality Control, Compliance, and Regulatory.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated results using internal and external customer focus.
- Experience with component suppliers and qualifications.
- CADD Experience
- This position could require up to 25% travel both domestic and international.